Congratulations to our scholarship winners- Gladys and Linnetta!
At the Law Offices of Curiel & Runion, we understand how important education is for everyone, especially single mothers. It can be an uphill battle going back to school while also caring for a child, but the rewards far outweigh the obstacles. We want to support single mothers who are going back to school by offering two $1000 scholarships.
To apply, write a 500+ word essay on the the advantages of going back to school after experiencing motherhood. What tools have you learned as a mother that have prepared you for the challenges you will face as a student? Defend & explain your answer.
The Law Offices of Curiel & Runion will award 2 applicants a $1,000 scholarship each. The scholarship can be used for any school related expenses, such as tuition and books.
We will choose 5 finalists for the scholarship and post their submissions on our website. Then it’s time to get social. The two finalist’s essays with the most social support (tweets, likes, shares, +1′s) will receive the $1,000 awards.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be a mother who is going back to school
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Submission must be received by June 5, 2014
- There is no printed application from the The Law Offices of Curiel & Runion, all necessary information is on this page
- Please send your information and submission via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information
- Do not send any CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
- The 5 finalists and the winning submission will be published on our site.
- Please Include:
- Your submission (make sure to save a digital copy for your records.)
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed at the top of each page
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts accepted
- College or institution of attendance
Like us on Facebook, follow us on twitter, add us to your google plus circles.
We will choose 5 finalists and post their submissions on our blog. The two essays with the most social support will be awarded the $1,000 scholarships.