The Phoenix Law Firm of Curiel and Runion provides aggressive and experienced legal representation to their boating and other clients and offers a free consultation with a Phoenix boating accident lawyer to discuss the details and options of your case.
PHOENIX BOATING ACCIDENTS ATTORNEY
According to a compilation of boating statistics from the Dept. of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard and the Office of Auxiliary and Boating Safety, entitled “2012 Recreational Boating Statistics,” this 54th annual report contains statistics on recreational boating accidents and state vessel registration. The data is relevant to all states, The District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and elsewhere. If you were injured in a boating accident that was due to the negligent conduct of another, including another boater, it is essential to protect yourself with the help of a Phoenix boat accident lawyer so that you may have the right to proceed in a personal injury claim which will seek compensation for your injuries, lost income and other related costs. The Phoenix Law Firm of Curiel and Runion provides aggressive and experienced legal representation to their boating and other clients and offers a free consultation with a Phoenix boating accident lawyer to discuss the details and options of your case.
NEWLY RELEASED BOATING DATA FOR 2012:
- Fact: in 2012, the Coast Guard counted 4515 accidents that involved 651 deaths and 3000 injuries
- The cost to property was approximately $38 million dollars of damage
- The fatality rate was 5.4 deaths per 100,000 registered recreational boaters
- Almost 71% of all fatal boating accident victims drowned, and of those, almost 85% were not reported as wearing a life jacket
- Almost 14% of all deaths occurred on boats where the operator had received boating safety instruction.
- Seven out of every ten boaters who drowned were using vessels less than 21 feet in length
MORE 2012 NEWLY RELEASED BOATING DATA – THE TOP FIVE CONTRIBUTING CAUSES TO BOATING ACCIDENTS IN 2012:
- Operator inattention
- Operator inexperience
- Improper lookout
- Machinery failure and
- Excessive speed
MORE 2012 NEWLY RELEASED BOATING DATA – ALCOHOL USE AND BOATING ACCIDENTS:
- Alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in fatal boating accidents
- It was listed as the leading factor in 17% of deaths
CHILDREN’S BOATING DEATHS:
- 24 children under the age of 13 lost their lives boating in 2012
- Ten children or approximately 42% of the children who died in 2012 died from drowning
- Two children or 20% of those who drowned were wearing a life jacket as required by state and federal law
COMPLIMENTARY BOAT ACCIDENT CASE REVIEW; NO LEGAL FEES UNLESS WE WIN OR SETTLE YOUR CASE
The facts are harsh and hard to swallow. Deaths of little children and adults, even when life jackets were worn and even when they were innocent passengers out for a cruise on a friend or relative’s boat to cool off during the warm summer months. Nevertheless, if you were injured in a boating accident or if a loved one lost their life, it is absolutely vital to speak to a Phoenix boating accident attorney immediately in order to preserve your rights to compensation. When a death occurs that was due to another’s negligent conduct, they must be held accountable for their actions. The Phoenix accident lawyers of Curiel and Runion represents victims of boating accidents and all other types of accidents. They provide experienced, aggressive, plaintiff-oriented legal representation. There are no legal fees unless the case is successfully settled out of court or victoriously litigated in court. To schedule your complimentary case review, contact The Phoenix Personal Injury Law Firm of Curiel & Runion by calling 602-595-5559.