What to Do In a Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, there are certain actions that are recommended – and others that are not. For one thing, it is extremely important to make sure that you do not reveal information to others that should only be revealed to your Phoenix accident attorney. By following the points in the car accident checklist below, you will have a good idea of what to do and not do if you are involved in a car accident.
JUST GOT IN A CAR ACCIDENT? FOLLOW THIS CHECKLIST:
If you were in a car accident, stay as calm as possible. Here is a list of some actions you may wish to take:
- If you were injured, immediately get medical help by calling 911 or going to a hospital or doctor
- If anyone else was injured, call 911 on their behalf
- Do not leave the scene of the accident before filing a police report
- Get the name, address, phone number and driver’s license of other drivers involved, as well as the license plates of all cars involved
- Get the names and information of any witnesses who can testify on your behalf
- Speak only with the police regarding the accident and do not admit blame, fault or responsibility – this is to be discussed with your lawyer and he will speak on your behalf at the appropriate time
CAR ACCIDENT CHECKLIST TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS:
- If you can, take photographs of the accident scene, your injured car, and the car that caused the accident
- It is helpful if you can draw a diagram of the accident and take notes – reveal this only to your attorney
- Do not make a recorded statement to any insurance claims adjuster – speak to your attorney first. Insurance adjusters often use tactics to deny claims during this confusing time.
- Contact your car accident attorney – any information you reveal to your attorney is privileged (confidential)
- Do not agree to a settlement with any insurance agency unless your attorney arranges it or recommends it
- Do not accept a check from the insurance company unless your attorney agrees to this
FREE CASE REVIEW FROM CURIEL & RUNION – NO FEES UNLESS WE SETTLE OR WIN YOUR CASE
Curiel and Runion are personal injury and auto accident attorneys in Phoenix, AZ. We provide experienced and knowledgeable legal representation that can help you obtain the highest amount of compensation possible. When Attorneys Triumph Curiel and Derick Runion work with you, they give you the personalized and individualized attention that you deserve and they are available to speak to you after hours and on weekends. There are no fees involved unless your case is favorably settled or successfully resolved in court. Additionally, personal injury attorneys Curiel and Runion advance all upfront fees and costs. To schedule your appointment, call 602-595-5559.