Phoenix Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Speak to a Phoenix Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer About Arizona Swimming Laws and safety for swimmers.
Swimming pool owners have a duty and a responsibility to ensure the safety of all the swimmers that enter their pool. Not only is the pool owner responsible for the swimmers that they know of, they are responsible for potential swimmers – e.g., those who might try to sneak a swim inside the pool. The pool must comply with all applicable code rules and state requirements as well. There are laws pertaining to the mandated fence around the swimming pool, self-latching devices and other laws. If a loved one drowned in a private swimming pool, or if a youth who could not swim found his or her way into a pool and suffered injuries or even death, the injured and/or deceased party will have a cause of action for a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Speak to your Phoenix swimming pool accident attorney about these circumstances to make sure your rights are fully preserved and protected under the law.
ARIZONA SWIMMING POOL LAWS:
- In brief, ARS Sex 36-1681 requires that a swimming pool. Be protected by an enclosure (wall, fence, or barrier) that surrounds the pool area. The enclosure must:
- Entirely close the pool area
- Be at least 5 feet high
- Have no openings other than doors or gates, through which an object 4 inches in diameter can pass;
- Have no openings, handholds, or footholds accessible from the exterior side that can be used to climb the barrier
- Be at least 29 inches from the water’s edge
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES POOL SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Never leave a child unattended the pool or pool area
- A child should always be watched, even when wearing flotation devices
- CPR/CCR instructions and the 911 emergency number should be posted in the pool area
- A phone should be easily accessible in the pool area for emergency use
- All residential pool owners should attend rescue and CPR/CCR classes
- Lifesaving equipment should be made accessible and stored nearby in the pool area
- Many other regulations – ask your attorney
COMPLIMENTARY CASE REVIEW WITH PHOENIX SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS ATTORNEY; NO FEELS UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE
If you faced a drowning incident or was otherwise harmed while swimming in another’s pool, you may be able to pursue damages for negligence. If a child or loved one drowned while in the pool of another under any circumstances, a complete investigation shall be had to determine the cause of death and potentially liable negligent conduct. Curiel and Runion, PLC provide aggressive, skilled, experienced and compassionate legal representation for all of their clients – particularly so when a young one loses their life in a swimming pool accident. To discuss how Curiel and Runion may be of service to you, call our office for a free consultation with one of our Phoenix personal injury lawyers at 602-595-5529. We are here to answer your questions. We are available to make house calls and after hours calls and weekend calls to suit your schedule. There are no legal fees unless we settle or win your case to your advantage.